Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Birthday Boy

I love this picture---Wilson's reaction after opening his favorite present is priceless

Last week my baby turned 8! Wilson told me that he always thought that the way you got smarter was that all the knowledge a person attains when they are 8, or 15, or 20 or whatever happened when they turned that age. Like a download. Good thing he realized the truth just in time for school to start so he doesn't think I'm making him go just to be a mean mom!

To know this boy is to adore him. Wilson has been blessed with a happy spirit, and seems smart and strong beyond his eight years. He has an awesome sense of humor and everyday I am grateful that he is in our family. And to think that I started crying on the ultrasound table when we found out he was a boy!

This birthday is a significant one for any Mormon child. Wilson gets to get baptized now! He is looking forward to it.

Happy #8, Wils!

3 comments:

PB'nJ said...

So what was the favorite present that prompted the Leap of Joy?

Heather C. said...

Star Wars Wii game

jayna said...

He is a great kid. And so cute. (Can I still use 'cute' to describe an 8 yr. old? Or does he now have to be 'handsome'?)

We need a mom play date. And I need some feminine opinions on the kitchen details!