Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Little Miss Sunshine

Kate, living in her own sun-shiny, windy world, on the way up Provo Canyon


This is my niece, Kate. Katie Bug. Otherwise known as Little Miss Sunshine. She is almost seven. She has the most darling raspy voice and sings the best songs. She spent her money at Powell's Candy Store on a Whoopie Cusion, and thinks it's hilarious. She crashed on her bike and, while lying underneath it called out, "I could really use some help over here!" She calls me Aunt Heder. She can trade insults with the neighbor boys (with her fake-twin sister standing behind her saying, "Oh yeah, you just got owned") but will give her family the best hugs around and will cry if she thinks she did something wrong. She hates that she is the youngest in their family (by about 16 minutes) but when I told her about how I was in the delivery room when she and Sydney were born, and how she wasn't moving or breathing when she came out, and how we all held our breath and the room was so quiet for so long, and then, when she *finally* starting crying, we all started crying for joy, she liked that. Oh, how I love this girl!

3 comments:

LaurieJ said...

Don't forget about the arm pit music! She is more proud of that than anything else :-)
What a cute post! I'm going to go and give her a hug right now... bet you're jealous!

grandma K said...

She's an angel straight from heaven!!

michellemcpherson said...

Heather I just love your blog, I totally relate to the packing for a camping trip and all the multi-tasking that goes into it, I am learning this also applies to putting in a yard, looks like you had a great Utah visit, wish we could have seen you and the kids, maybe next time : )